1. He has to get me. Like really get me. And likes the me that he gets. He will love that I snort at times when I laugh. And when I’m really tickled (or had a few cocktails), my laughter turns to tears. He has to tolerate, or better yet, enjoy my love of car dancing. He has to love me being lazy and love me being active. He has to get my drama, sarcasm, snarkiness. He has to get me.
2. I need to be important to him. We need to be important to him. He needs to be important to me. We need to be important to me. It sounds so simple but it’s been a long time since this has been a priority to me.
3. A family man. Family must be important to him. And it has to be important that my family is important to me. I’ve had too many relationships where it’s a choice – his family or my family. I want both. I’m all about compromise.
4. He has to have a healthy outlet that has nothing to do without me. Softball, golf, running group, whatever, just a healthy outlet that allows for a healthy relationship.
5. Faith in a higher power. I’m not sure what’s out there so I refer to it as ‘the universe”. When I’m really feeling spiritual, I speak to God. I need him to believe there is something out there bigger than us.
And because I am an overachiever:
6. Laughter – laugh at me, laugh with me, laugh at yourself – laughter has and will continue to be a part of my life!
Still catching up! More soon!