**Warning** If you are looking for a funny, motivating or joyful post – Skip this blog today.
Why? Because I am in a funk!
I’m on vacation. I wanted to go somewhere, of course at the last minute but decided against it.
I have a place to stay….just needed to get there. Too expensive to fly. Too lonely to drive by myself.
Then I decided to buy a bike.
When I left my house yesterday to buy said bike, I found a nail in my tire.
$50 later, I find out I need two new tires on the front of my car. Totaling $300.
Called my car guy and got that price reduced to $200.
Went to store and stared at my $88 bike for a minute or 20. She’s pink. I want her. Maybe next year.
Came home to find the cat food infiltrated by ants.
Can’t get new tires until tomorrow. So I’ll be waking up at 6:00 to be at the shop by 7:00 to be back in Noblesville by 9:00 for an event, then meet a dear friend for brunch/lunch after.
I laid in bed until noon then decided I had to do something.
Now I’m writing this incredibly lame blog post.
Things I’ve realized during this vacation:
- I never do anything spontaneous.
- I have a list of things a mile long I’d love to do – but an too scared to do them….alone.
- I want to live outside of Indiana. But never will. (See #2)
- I plan everything. EVERYTHING. It’s annoying.
- I get very upset when everything I plan doesn’t go my way. More annoying.
- Why on Earth did I decide at the age of 33 and 40+ extra pounds that I want to be a runner?
- Why have I had all this time off and done NOTHING but eat crappy food?
- I should probably start collecting cats. The humane society will love me.
- It’s too hot to even lay by a pool. (Side note: I’d take every summer day 100+ degrees to have a winter with no snow.)
- I’m 34 years old and live with my mother. (Whom I love, dearly, for keeping me.)
- I’m 34 years old and have had one date in the last 365 days.
- Overall, I’m a good person. Why the hell can’t I catch a break?
- I don’t make enough money for the amount of work I do. (See #8)
- I seriously think I’m depressed and have some sort of food disorder that requires me to eat all the time.
- It could be much worse. I know that. I’m just tired of trying to find the good – I want it to be obvious.