What isn’t up – that is more accurate! Since we last spoke, I have done the following:
1. Resigned from my job (effective November 15th).
2. Accepted a new position in California (effective November 26th).
3. Packed a box.
4. Tossed a billion things out. Remember when I said I downsized – obviously I needed to do more! Seriously, where does this stuff come from?!
5. Book a one-way ticket to California. (Holy crap, I’m really doing this.)
6. Found a condo, had Cali friends look at condo and applied for condo tonight!
7. Booked a room at an extended stay hotel for the foreseeable future.
8. Found a company that will relocate my cats for me. I just don’t think I can handle that much stress.
9. Cursed at the snow and the weather and the rain and the cold in Indianapolis.
10. Work-wise: Let’s just say, I’ve completed about 2 months worth of work in two weeks, plus hired and trained my replacement, plus kept my boss calm and sane (if possible), plus held a successful board meeting.
10. I survived the paternal parental going away dinner.
11. Slept very little because I am constantly thinking of things I should be doing.
What’s left to do:
1. GNO with my favorite ladies – Nicole, Carrie and Laura.
2. Turkey Day reunion with my besties from high school.
3. My drunken going away party where I invited all of facebook.
5. Packing. Shipping. Cleaning.
6. Finding someone to take my car across country.
7. Secure a rental vehicle in Cali.
I had really big plans of making this a relocation blog for a while. And it still may become that. But right now, I’m just too plain tired to document my journey. Lame excuse, maybe. But I’m moving to Cali friends! Freakin’ Finally!