There are 86 days left in 2013…so I thought I’d face the status 13 13’s in 2013 before it becomes completely impossible to do anything about it.
1. Read 13 books for pleasure. I have totally nailed this one!
- Choosing the Right Man – Violet Duke
- The Marriage Pact – MJ Pullen
- Regrets Only – MJ Pullen
- Always on the Run – Crystal Bowling
- Always the Last to Know – Crystal Bowling
- Falling for the Good Guy – Violet Duke
- Resisting the Bad Boy – Violet Duke
- One Pink Line – Dina Silver
- What Stays in Vegas – Beth Labonte
- Turning Thirty-Twelve – Sandy James
- The Color of Water in July – Nora Carroll
- Worth the Drive – Mara Jacobs
- Worth the Fall – Mara Jacobs
- Worth the Weight – Mara Jacobs
- Hostile Witness – Rebecca Forster
- Privileged Witness – Rebecca Forster
- Third Time’s a Charm – Virginia Smith
- Crazy Love – Nicola Marsh
- 12th of Never – James Patterson
2. Be 13 pounds lighter by the end of the year (that is a minimum – hopefully more).
- Well, I’ve got about 15 to go. FAIL….but there are 86 days left.
3. Go on 13 dates. Notice I did not say first dates. If my next date is the man of my dreams, he will count for all 13 dates.
- Fail. No 2013 dates….but there are 86 days left.
4. Have $2,013 in savings by December 31, 2013.
- I’m saving….but not as much as I’d like…..but there are 86 days left.
5. Give/Send 13 “just because” gifts or cards to my loves for no apparent reason.
- 3 out of 13 and I’ve got a few ideas up my sleeve.
6. Do 13 anonymous random acts of kindness.
- FAIL….but there are 86 days left.
7. Complete a west coast half marathon – running/walking/skipping.
- I’ve got my eye on the Berkley half marathon in November. I will have to walk it and I haven’t thought about training. This is a probable fail.
8. Write and post 13 blog entries a month.
- I’m at 21 total….for the year. So the first 9 months were a big, fat FAIL. But I can still pull out the last three. I know I will prevail this month because I’m doing The Single Woman’s 30-Day Blogging Challenge. It’s the first thing blog related that I’ve been excited about in a long time.
9. Indulge in 13 “technology free” days this year. No TV, internet, phone, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Well, there was the 4th of July weekend camping trip….3.5 days. Only 9.5 days to go.
10. I will do 13 different types of exercise – not necessarily new, but at least different to shake things up.
- 5 out of 13 and there is a gym near me that has a ton of classes I plan on trying.
11. I will bring my lunch 13 times a month.
- I labeled this a fail in January. However, it was a calculated fail. I need my lunch hour to regroup and be social. I’m totally OK with this one going down the drain.
12. I will cook 13 new to me meals.
- Since the Pyrex explosion, this one also was scratched as well.
13. Try 13 new things. This should be pretty easy since I live in an entirely new area but we’ll see.
- I’m going to say – NAILED IT! Professional baseball game, Lake Tahoe, Pittsburgh, camping, city adventures, new friends, new bars, new places. I would have to be a hermit to not nail this one.
Let’s see how much fun I can have in the next 86 days!! Up next….The Single Woman’s 30-Day Blogging Challenge!